Monday, March 14, 2011

My thoughts on the Ducks and Honda Center

So I had the wonderful and amazing opportunity to attend the Phoenix Coyotes away game in Anaheim on March 13th. Myself and 2 friends, Jeff and Dave hopped into my truck and set out for LaLa land at 9am.

After a couple of quick stops including wrapping my lips around a straw to experience the pure bliss of my first date shake at Hadley's, we made it to the Honda Center. Pretty easy to get to right off the freeway and getting into the parking lot was easy.

We went into the arena and the first think that was noticed was how different it is from the Job. The lower level is very small, I would say only 18 rows or so and the upper level is huge. Speaking of huge, my ass falls under that category because the seats are a bit small. I then remembered we are in Los Angeles, home of the small asses.

Anyway, great game and 99% of the Duck fans were great. We had great people sitting right by us that were really nice and joked around with us. When Fiddler got hurt some ass behind us yelled something along the lines of HAHA, you deserve it. Save by another duck fan near us that said, don't worry, that guy is always a dick. Must have been the same fan who said "Doan is a dick" at the end when he hit the empty netter.

So in terms of fans being nice to us, it had to be the top out of all the places I have been. This is probably due to me being very few places and those places were really crappy to opposing fans.

Traffic getting out of there was HORRIBLE and we are spoiled with our awesome arena. Drive home was super fun, but that is an entirely different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment