Monday, March 14, 2011

Goldwater Telephone Town Hall

I am a Glendale resident and the phone rang tonight with a Washington DC area code. I picked up because for some reason I hoped it was Barack Obama offering me a job.

A recording of Darci Olsen from the Goldwater Institute telling me that there was a telephone town hall going on where they were taking callers so they can ask questions about the deal between the City of Glendale and Matthew Hulsizer.

The entire program sounded like a set up and both Darci and Clint were reading from a script. There were 7-8 callers with only 2 of them from Glendale. The others were from Kingman, Oro Valley (2), Scottsdale, and Phoenix. The seemed to know exactly what the caller was going to ask or say before the call came on "live" because their responses were quick and to the point.

When the callers said what could they do about this travesty, Darci gave out the phone number for the Glendale City Counsel at least 7 times. Telling everyone to call them and say NO.

They used the language of we THINK it might be illegal and it APPEARS the Glendale already owns SOME of the parking rights. They continued to call Matt Hulsizer a very wealthy businessman from Chicago.

When the tea partier called, everything she said was being read from a script and Darci slammed Glendale for only allowing 50 people in a meeting they are having tomorrow and GWI should be praised for letting everyone be heard on their "live" town tonight.

The last caller was from Oro Valley and all she said was what can I do about this horrible injustice going on? Darci said call the CoG and voice your concern.

After the call I was transferred to a voicemail where I could leave a message and GWI WOULD call me back within 48 hours and answer my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment